• 600 North Street, Baton Rouge, 70802
  • (225) 765-2301
  • Text-To-Verify: 1 (855) 999-7896

What must I do to maintain the license/registration once it is issued?

Once the license/registration is issued the initial license certificate will be valid for one year, then you may renew your license for a one, two, or three year period.

  • A Renewal notice will be emailed or mailed to the address on record approximately 60 days prior to the expiration and again at 15 days prior to expiration.
  • For Residential, Mold Remediation and Home Improvement: you must provide proof of general liability and workers’ compensation insurance coverage upon renewal of the license.
    • Insurance certificate(s) should be emailed directly from the insurance agent to [email protected].
    • Note: Failure to submit these documents can delay the renewal of the license.
  • For Residential, Mold Remediation and Home Improvement:  you must maintain continuous insurance coverage while holding an active license with this board.
  • You must maintain a current address with this Board.
  • You must maintain a Qualifying Party for all classifications listed on your license.
  • If you are a residential building contractor, you are required to complete a minimum of six hours of continuing education annually by a board approved provider.
    • The contractor will maintain their education certificates for a five-year period and provide copies to this office if requested.
    • Click HERE for exceptions to the continuing education requirement.
Translate »