• 600 North Street, Baton Rouge, 70802
  • (225) 765-2301
  • Text-To-Verify: 1 (855) 999-7896

What are the specific insurance requirements for a Home Improvement registration?

The board requires residential, home improvement, and mold remediation applicants to submit proof of insurance coverage before a license or registration can be issued. You must maintain continuous insurance coverage while holding an active license or registration. You must provide current insurance certificates to the board upon renewal of the registration. Failure to submit these documents can cause  a delay in the application or renewal process.

Coverage Amount: Proof by certificate of current general liability insurance in the amount of $100,000 and worker’s compensation insurance
 Insured: Must have the correct name of the company or individual applying for the license/registration on the certificate.
Effective/Expiration dates and limits of coverage must be shown on the certificate.
The insurance agent MUST email the certificate of insurance to: [email protected]



Interactive Web Portal

Click HERE to renew your license, schedule exams, update your contact information, print a copy of your certificate and more.

Weathering the Storm

Don’t be a victim twice. Learn the proper steps to take before you hire a contractor for your home repairs. Learn more


Type your email address below and receive our newsletter to stay in the know!  

  Click HERE to view  bulletins

Translate »