• 600 North Street, Baton Rouge, 70802
  • (225) 765-2301
  • Text-To-Verify: 1 (855) 999-7896

Are there continuing education requirements for license holders?


There are no continuing education requirements for commercial, mold, or home improvement contractors/registrants.

There are continuing education requirements for residential construction contractors. A residential construction contractor is required to complete a minimum of six (6) hours of continuing education annually by a board-approved provider (click HERE to view providers).  The contractor will maintain their education certificate for a five-year period and provide copies to this office, if requested.  If the residential construction also holds a valid, current commercial license in one or more of the major classifications of 1) Building Construction; 2) Highway, Street and Bridge Construction; 3) Heavy Construction; 4) or Municipal and Public Works Construction, the six-hour requirement is considered to have been met.

Translate »