Receiving credit for exam based on NASCLA exam
LSLBC accepts examination scores from National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies (NASCLA) for the following classifications:
- Building Construction;
- Residential Construction; or
If qualifying party has passed the NASCA accredited building exam thru the NASCLA organization, they are eligible to receive credit for the Building Construction exam under the commercial license and/or Residential Construction exam under the residential license with this board.
If qualifying party has passed the NASCA accredited electrical exam thru the NASCLA organization, they are eligible to receive credit for the Electrical exam under the commercial license with this board.
How to receive Credit for these Exams
This process can be utilized by NEW License Applicants or Existing Licensees.
- For NEW License Applicants– you must start the licensing process by completing the online license application and submitting the application with all additional required documents and fees. The online application is found HERE.
- For Existing Licensees– if adding a new qualifying party or a new classification to your license – you start by completing the appropriate “Adding a Qualifying Party” or “Adding a Classification” form and submitting the forms with all additional required documents and fees.
To receive credit with LSLBC for the exam, contractors must:
- Access the NASCLA Examination Database at https://ned.nascla.org/ to purchase the release of your NASCLA transcript to LSLBC.
- NASCLA will then automatically email the transcript to LSLBC for review/acceptance.
- We do not accept scores from NASCLA for any other classification except those listed above.
- We cannot accept the NASCLA transcript from the contractor, it must be received directly from NASCLA.
- Once accepted, the qualifying party will receive credit for the corresponding trade exam with LSLBC.