• 600 North Street, Baton Rouge, 70802
  • (225) 765-2301
  • Text-To-Verify: 1 (855) 999-7896

How do I search for a specific type of licensed contractor?

Click  HERE to access the Contractor Search, then choose “Search by Type of Contractor” and select either: Commercial, Residential, Mold Remediation or Home Improvement from the drop down of options. Additionally, you can search by contractor name; license number; city/town; parish; and qualifying party.    

Are there continuing education requirements for license holders?

  There are no continuing education requirements for commercial, mold, or home improvement contractors/registrants. There are continuing education requirements for residential construction contractors. A residential construction contractor is required to complete a minimum of six (6) hours of continuing education annually by a board-approved provider (click HERE to view providers).  The contractor will maintain their … Continued

I am performing construction work where my contract involves labor only. Do I need a contractor’s license with the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors?

Subcontractors who perform labor only and do not bid on or manage projects may be required to hold a contractor’s license or a home improvement registration with our board. Licensure requirement is determined by the type of project and the total project amount. (Total project value = the law requires that the cost of labor and materials be combined … Continued

My company is registered with the Louisiana Secretary of State’s office. Do I need to do anything further to perform construction work in Louisiana?

Registration with the Louisiana Secretary of State’s Office does not qualify you to perform construction work in Louisiana. Being registered with the Louisiana Secretary of State’s office only gives your company the authority to operate a business in Louisiana and also generally for state sales tax purposes.   A Louisiana state contractor’s license/registration is required … Continued

Translate »